Water Outage - Crane Street and Owen Street, Ballina
As part of the Crane Street Water Main Renewal project, Ballina Shire Council will be carrying out works along a section of Crane Street and Owen Street this week.
Council has rescheduled the water outage to Wednesday 19 May 2021 from 9am to 3pm.
The temporary water outage will impact properties on:
- Crane Street (between Norton Street and Owen Street)
- Owen Street (from the corner of Tamar Street to Burnet Street)
During this time no drinking water will be available via internal or external water outlets.
Impacted residents will receive a notification flyer in their mailbox.
Tips to prepare for a temporary water outage:
- Store drinking water in preparation for the interruption.
- When your water returns it may be discoloured. This is due to sediment. Please run the tap until your water runs clear.
- Small air bubbles cause milky water; this is not harmful and will settle after a short period.
- Please leave taps off during the interruption, as water may return at any time.
Signage will be in place with traffic control as needed.
Ballina Shire Council thanks impacted residents for their patience during these essential works.
For enquiries regarding this outage please contact council’s Water and Wastewater Section on 1300 864 444.