If water is not flowing down your sink or if your toilet is blocked there could be a blocked pipe. Determining whether this blockage is within your property boundary can be difficult and we suggest you call Council before a commercial plumber.

It's also helpful to check to see if your neighbours are experiencing the same problem.  If your property is the only one affected you may have a blocked pipe.

Council has Wastewater Operators on-call 24/7 who can investigate if the problem is within Council’s sewer lines and therefore our responsibility to fix. If Council staff determine the problem is not in the mains you will then need to contact a plumber but you will never be charged for Council’s investigation, even if it requires a site visit.

If the blockage is within your property the owner will be responsible for the plumbing bill.

The best way to avoid a blocked toilet is to remember the Three Ps. Only flush Pee, Poo and Paper down your toilet. Any other materials such as wet wipes, cotton buds, sanitary items and dental floss do not break down and could eventually block your pipes.

If you have a blockage contact Council's Water and Wastewater Team

Business Hours: 02 6686 1497

After hours/weekends: 02 6626 6954

still not clear? ask crystal a question